Valentine’s Day is right around the corner…what a beautiful holiday: dedicated to love, joy, appreciation, and peace. We think of candy and cards and flowers and kissing….just makes you feel better thinking about it, doesn’t it?
Out of those 4, let’s examine my fave: KISSING! Nothing beats a good kiss, a sweet kiss, a kiss of atonement, a kiss of forgiveness, a kiss that wipes away despair and loneliness. There are kisses of passion and kisses of tenderness, kisses of joy and kisses of promise.
The kiss is universal; it expresses affection and needs no translation.
Kissing is also good for you. In fact, some of the health benefits of kissing are just amazing! Consider these facts:
- Kissing your partner good morning and goodbye can add 5 years to your life
- Kissing improves your self esteem…you feel appreciated and it boosts your state of mind
- Kissing releases stress, tension, lessens negative energy and produces a sense of well-being
- Kissing burns up calories…about 3 calories a minute and your metabolic rate rises
- Kissing passionately at least 3 times a day (minimum lip locking time of 20 seconds) can cause you to lose a pound a year…Can you say “I’m on a kissing diet?”
- Kissing utilizes 30 facial muscles and can actually tighten facial features, prevent baggy cheeks, smooths the skin and increases circulation
- Kissing frequently seems to make you less likely to suffer from bladder, blood, and stomach infections
- Kissing stimulates secretion of natural antibodies in the saliva and a type of anesthetic that helps alleviate pain
- Kissing lowers the stress hormone cortisol
- Kissing increases adrenaline that pumps up the heart, causing better circulation
- Kissing frequently has been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activities, improving your heart’s health
- Kissing decreases blood pressure and lowers cholesterol
- Kissing reduces anxiety
- Kissing stops the “negative noise/talk” in your mind
- Kissing increases oxytocin levels which in turn calms you and produces peaceful feelings
- Kissing produces endorphins that are 200 times more powerful than morphine.
Happy Valentine’s Day, take your vitamins for women, and be blessed, Kersten
Related articles by Zemanta
- Biofeedback in Healthy Relationship and Self (yearn2blog.com)
- Hot Tips For Valentine’s Day (stacyknows.blogspot.com)
- Valentine’s Day Gifts 2010 (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- From Lego with Love (craftzine.com)
- valentine treats (thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com)